Saturday, May 17, 2008

After 13 transactions

From February until May 2008 I made 13 transactions, buying and selling shares of six different companies: Umicore, CMB, Nyrstar, Fortis, EDF and Metris (all Euronext). When making so many transactions, costs pile up and net profit decreases. I tend to sell share when I make a few percent profit, to be sure not to loose. But when I do loose, I have the tendency to hold the shares, hoping to make profit after all. Fortunately, the shares I bought rose during this period of time. Now, I've learned not to sell shares as quickly as i did before, giving them the opportunity to raise more. When share prices fall 10%, I usually sell them. Selling with a loss is not easy, but a stop-loss could help you make the decision. Don’t look at it as a defeat, but as a new opportunity to buy shares of more promising company!

Dimi

No comments: